* The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012 with an intake of 60 students. From the year 2013, the intake was increased to 120 students.
* Our Department offers B.E. Civil Engineering program.
* The department has a team of sincere, dedicated, competent and experienced faculty with commitment to serve the college in achieving its goals.
* All have completed their master degrees and some of them are pursuing their Ph.D.s.
To produce professional civil engineers with social responsibility, environmental awareness, quest for energy sustainability, research expertise and entrepreneurship skills.
A. To provide a dynamic learning environment that emphasizes communication, open ended design, problem solving skills, leadership skills and team work.
B. To guide the students and faculty members to have an updated knowledge in the emerging areas and technologies in order to meet global standards.
C. To motivate the students to maintain high professional and ethical responsibility during planning, designing and execution of the civil engineering projects.
D. To train the students to meet the challenging situations in the industries and to understand the economical aspects involved in the implementation of the civil engineering projects.
E. To impart research skills for developing knowledge centres to evaluate and disseminate innovative civil engineering ideas.
F. To make civil engineering department a renowned high-tech consultancy centre for various activities on modern construction materials, practices and safety measures.
G. To carry out qualitative civil engineering projects which are beneficial to the society.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
A. To provide the students with a sound foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
B. To promote the students to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary projects and make them engage in life-long learning process throughout their professional life.
C. To develop confidence and ability among the students to synthesize data and technical concepts and thereby applying them in real world problems.
D. To prepare the students for successful careers in field of Civil Engineering in such a way that they meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
E. To motivate the students to focus on research and development and industry interaction for developing sustainable Infrastructure for the betterment of the society.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
Civil Engineering graduates will be able to:
A. To plan, design and execute high quality civil engineering projects by taking into account the economical, environmental, societal, health and safety factors involved in infrastructural development.
B. To involve in research and development that promotes sustainable solutions to real-world civil engineering problems and thereby promoting national infrastructural development.
C. To demonstrate profound knowledge in analysis, design, laboratory investigations and construction aspects of civil engineering, along with high proficiency in mathematics, basic sciences and technical communication.
D. To offer consultancy and engineering services with professional and ethical responsibility.