Electric Circuits Lab
- Cathode ray oscilloscope
- Digital storage oscilloscope
- Function generator
- Semiconductor devices like Diode, Zener Diode, NPN Transistors, JFET, UJT, Photo diode,Photo Transistor
- Resistors, Capacitors and inductors
- Regulated Power Supply 5, ± 15V
- Single Phase Energy Meter
- AC/DC – Voltmeters, Ammeter, multimeter
- Bread boards.
The objective of this laboratory is to provide practical understanding of circuit theory concepts. The relation of theoretical circuit elements, circuit components and theoretical laws to understanding of circuit functioning is the main objective of this lab. This lab gives a platform for undergraduate students for practical implementation of Electronics Circuits and Projects.
Electrical Machines I & II Labs:
Features:• DC Shunt, Series & Compound Generator.
• DC Shunt, Series & Compound Generator.
• DC Shunt, Series & Compound Motor.
• 1 & 3 Phase Transformers.
• 3 Phase Alternator.ase squirrel cage & slip ring Induction Motor.
• 1 Phase Induction Motor.
• 3 Phase Synchronous Motor.
The aim of this laboratory is to expose the students to the operation of D.C. machines, transformers, synchronous machines and induction motors and give them experimental skill. Swinburne’s test, Hopkinson’s test on D.C motor – Generator set, Load test on various electrica
POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LAB
- Lab has 15 Lenovo and 15 HP systems.
- Operating systems: Ubuntu and Windows
- Software :
- MATLAB 2012 (Licensed version)
- ETAP (Licensed 15 users)
- Scilab (open source)
- Visual Studio .NET 2005.
- A computer simulation is an attempt to model a real-thing on a computer so that it can be studied to see how the system works. Power transmission and distribution systems can be simulated using ETAP software and the performance can be analyzed.
CONTROL and INSTRUMENTATION LAB
• AC & DC Bridges.
• Displacement & Pressure Transducers.
• A/D & D/A Converter.
• Instrumentation Amplifier.
• Frequency response of Lag, Lead and Lag-lead network trainer.
• Ward Leonard speed control system trainer
• Transfer function of DC Motor & Generator set.
• P, PI and PID controller trainer.
• AC and DC Servomotor
The aim of this lab is to fortify the students with an adequate work experience in the measurement of different quantities and also to expertise in handling the instruments involved. It also provides a platform for understanding the basic concepts of linear control theory and its application to practical systems. Transfer function of various machines including motor & generator can be found out. Effect of controllers in second order systems can be analyzed. System stability analysis and compensator design can be done using MATLAB Software.
• 3 Phase PWM Inverter Trainer Kit.
• 1 Phase PWM Chopper Trainer Kit
• 1 & 3 Phase Resonant DC-DC Converter.
• Step up and Step Down Chopper.
• 1 Phase TRIAC, SCR based AC voltage Regulator.
• 1 Phase semi & fully controlled converter.
• 1 & 3 phase Cyclo-converter.
The objective of this laboratory is to study the characteristics of switching devices and its applications in rectifier, inverter, chopper and resonant converter. Studying output voltage and current waveforms of 6 pulse AC - DC Converter, current source inverter and ZVS & ZCS Converter are a few experiments that are done in this laboratory.
MICROPROCESSOR and MICROCONTROLLER LAB
• 8-bit Microprocessor Trainer Kit
• 8-bit Microcontroller Trainer Kit
• Interfacing Kit-ADC & DAC
• Interfacing Kit –Stepper Motor
• Interfacing Kit –Traffic Light Controller
• DSO - 100 MHZ
The objective of this laboratory is to study the 8 & 16 bit processor and controller of 8085, 8086 and 8051. Experiments such as interfacing of Input output devices like Traffic Light controller, stepper motor, ADC, DAC, LCD, Keyboard and sensors are done.
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS LAB
Features:• 8 bit Microcontroller 8051 Development Board
• MSP430 16 bit processor Development Board
• 8 bit Microcontroller PIC Development Board
• ARM 7 LPC 2148(RTOS) based Development Board
• ARM 9 STK 9302 Trainer Cum Development Board
• XILINX FPGA Spartan Trainer, Model: FPGA – A
• XILINX CPLD Spartan Trainer, Model: CPLD – B
• DSP Starter Kit TMS320C6713
• DSP Trainer based on TMS 320C6745(Floating & fixed point DSP)
• STELLARIS LM3s1968 Evaluation Kit
• DM 6446 (DSP+ARM) based DAVINCI EVM Bundle
• Code Composer Studio IDE
• LabView Software
• Sitara AM 335X Starter kit
ENGINEERING PRACTICES LAB
Wiring Boards and tools
• Energy Meters
• Fluorescent Lamps
• Function Generator and Cathode Ray Oscilloscopes
• Soldering Iron with Electronic Components
• Logic Gates Trainer Kit
• Rectifiers and Timers
The aim of this lab is to familiarize the students with basic electrical wiring and electronic components. Household wiring, measurement of energy using an energy meter, soldering of electronic components , half and full wave rectifiers, verification of truth tables using Logic Gates and generation of clock signals using IC555 timers are few exercises that are taught in this Lab.