Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of ECE was established in the year 2001 with one under graduate programme. Our vision is to develop, the department into a State of Art, with Centre of Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering Education, on par with global standards.
The department offers the following courses
1. B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
2. M.E Applied Electronics
3. M.E Communication and networking
4. M.E VLSI
The Department is ISO 9001:2000 certified and also NBA accredited. The Department has well experienced faculty of proven ability and diverse specialization. The faculty actively involves themselves in research in the fields of Robotics, VLSI, MEMS, Image processing and Embedded Systems.
The Laboratories are well equipped with modern training facilities that cater to the requirements of the University syllabus as well as to architect the learning experience of Students. The laboratories include,
1. Robotics Design Centre
2. MEMS Design centre
3. Advanced system design Lab
4. Research Lab
5. Digital Signal Processing Lab
6. Electronic Circuits Lab
7. VLSI Lab
8. Networks Lab
9. Telecommunication Lab
10. Electronic system Design Lab
11. Microprocessor Lab
12. Linear Integrated Circuits Lab
13. Electronic devices Lab
14. Digital Electronics Lab
15. Digital Lab
16. Optical & Microwave Lab
• All our class rooms are facilitated with SMART BOARDS WITH INTERNET
• Department is equipped with two centre of excellence in areas of ROBOTICS and MEMS
ECE Department is achieving university ranks every year and students get placed in top core and IT companies like Wipro, TCS, Infosys, CTS, Hexaware, IBM, IGATE, TechMahindra, Tata Communications, CANGO Networks Private limited etc. Students are performing well and scoring high marks in competitive exams such as GATE, GRE, TOEFL etc. Our Students are actively participating in E-CELL and they have won Entrepreneurship Awards.
To develop, the department into a State of Art, with Centre of Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering Education, on par with global standards.
To provide education to students to enable them to compete internationally, produce creative solutions to the society's needs, and to make them conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code, generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOS):
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To promote student awareness of the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in Electronics and communication.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and anability to engage in life-long learning.
- Acknowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.