Electronics & Instrumentation
• The Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering was established in the year 2011.
• This course was introduced as there is an increase in demand in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and it is a complete blend of technical subjects involving both Electronics and Instrumentation fields imparting adequate knowledge and expertise.
To Develop Competent Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers with high Academic Credentials and to make the department recognized by the Learning Community, Teaching Community and Industries.
To create universally applicable and technologically relevant knowledge of students in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, with the aim of promoting an integrated and universal education with Science, Technology, real-life applicability, Human Capacity Building and to promote Industry Institute Interaction.
ROLE OF INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER
• Instrumentation Engineers play a substantial role in process control industries.
• After completion of this course, students will have very high opportunity in almost all Automation industries, processing industries, chemical industries, bio-medical instrumentation , Power plants, Fertilizers & Chemical industries, Petrochemical industries, Navigational & Aerospace Organization, Food Processing Industry, Weather Stations etc.,
• An Instrumentation engineer supports control-system engineering activities by designing, developing, installing and testing a company’s electrical and instrumentation systems.
• The main focus of E&I engineers will be in the field of Control systems design , Process control and instrumentation, Electronics design and manufacturing ,Engineering research and development, sales and service of technical equipment, Project and technology management etc.
• The challenges involved in studying Instrumentation Engineering (such as problem such as project management, communication, technical, analytical, team membership, leadership skills etc) needed to perform the job as Instrumentation Engineer.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering program focuses on the application of Electronics and Computer Technology to Instrumentation, Industrial automation, and process control systems. The program prepares graduates:
1. To prepare the students have successful career in industry and motivate for higher
2. To provide strong foundation in basic science and mathematics necessary to formulate, solve and analyse Electronics and Instrumentation problems
3. To provide strong foundation in circuit theory, control theory and signal processing concepts.
4. To provide good knowledge of Instrumentation systems and their applications.
5. To provide knowledge on basic electronics and their applications in Instrumentation Engineering.
6. To provide an opportunity to work in inter disciplinary groups
7. To promote student awareness for lifelong learning and inculcate professional ethics
8. To provide necessary foundation on computational platforms and software applications Related to the respective field of engineering.
a) Ability to understand and apply differential equations, integrals, matrix theory, probability theory and Laplace, Fourier and Z transformations for engineering problems
b) Ability to understand and apply basic science, circuit theory, control theory and signal processing Concepts to engineering problems.
c) Ability to model and analyse transducers.
d) Ability to understand and analyse Instrumentation systems and their applications to various Industries.
e) Ability to understand and analyse process control engineering problems.
f) Ability to understand and analyse, linear and digital electronic circuits.
g) Ability to review, prepare and present technological developments
h) Ability to form a group and develop or solve engineering hardware and problems
i) To understand and apply computing platform and software for engineering problems.
j) To understand ethical issues environmental impact and acquire management skills.