EIE News and Events
“Entrepreneurship in Export Business learning”
was organised by Department of EIE on 13.02.18 at CSE seminar hall
Dr. R. SANTHANAKRISHNAN, M.E., Ph.D., MIE., MSAE, MISRD, MIAENG
DIRECTOR – SMM UNITECH, Coimbatore
The Main objective of this program is to motivate the students in their own skills towards entrepreneurship, to participate in the export business at any time and anywhere. This program is very much useful to know about the process in Exports. This processes which includes to obtain license, GST and safety of our Transaction. From the seminar, the students learned- how to select the export product to earn more money? and what are all the helps provided by the governments?. and finally What are all the risk undergone in export?
“DCS and PLC OVERVIEW” conducted by “YOKOGAWA TECHNICAL SCHOOL” - one week short term training program
(15.03.2016-19.03.2016) for students and faculties.
- Participants gains knowledge on automation used in industries and the way of controlling.
- Acquired knowledge on varieties of PLC and DCS used in industries.
NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INSTRUMENTATION, ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (NCIEEE’16) on 01.04.2016.
WORKSHOP AND SEMINARS CONDUCTED
Department of EIE eventually conducted many workshops and seminars for students to develop their core knowledge.
- Seminars are conducted by the research fellows from esteemed industries.
- Mostly students undergone hands on training to strengthen their practical skills.
- One day training program on “EMERGING TRENDS IN PROCESS AUTOMATION” by “YOKOGAWA INDIA LIMITED” on 18th September 2014- 11.00 AM.
- Students understand their role in process control industries.
- Role of automation in industries.
- What are the safety precautions to be followed in hazardous environment.
- Workshop on “Industrial Automation ” by “Axis Global Automation, chennai”.on 11th September 2014-9.00 AM.
- One day Faculty training program on “LABVIEW” by “Mr.E.Muralitharan, Business Development Manager, Optithought Solutions Chennai” on 28th Feb 2014- 9.00 AM.
- LabVIEW provides the virtual platform to design and test the real time process.
- Process control industries like food, medical, beverage industries mainly uses the LabVIEW tool.
- Faculties can convert their ideas into real time projects through student associates.
- Guest lecture on “Role of Instrumentation Engineers in Core Industries” by Mr.Vishnuvardhan, MD-TREND AUTOMATION,. Chennai, on 6th Feb- 2014- 1.30 PM to 3.00 PM.
- Guest lecture on “Embedded System” by Mr.P.Ramesh Raja., CRPO IT Services,14th September 2012.
- Embedded system applications.
- Uses of embedded system in process industries.
- Types of controllers for specific applications.
- Two days seminar on Recent Trends in Controller Design and System Identification conducted by Mr.M.Arivalagan and Mr.S.Saju.
- Fuzzy Logic Controller
- Internal Model Control
- Cascade Control
AWARDS AND PARTICIPATIONS
“Participation – a step ahead of victory ”
Our students participated and won many technical , non technical, and sports meet.
TECHNICAL EVENTS• V.Chithirai Selvi, Tejasvini of Final Year has won second prize in “Circuit Debugging” in MEACON’ 13, a technical Symposium at Velammal Engineering College, Chennai.
• R.Vijayalakshmi , Hemalatha of Final year won second prize in “Technical Quiz” in MEACON’ 13, a technical Symposium at Velammal Engineering College, Chennai.
• S.Purushothaman of IIIrd Year has participated in paper presentation in EUPRAXIA 2013 , a national level technical symposium in SSN College of Engineering.
• C.Raman, C.Lakshman, K.Yeswanth of IIIrd year has participated in Circuit Trek in EUPRAXIA 2013 , a national level technical symposium in SSN College of Engineering.
• P.Kiruthiga, S.Hemalatha of final year has participated in Arduino Workshop at Epsilon 13- National Level technical Symposium in Meenakshi Sundarajan Engineering College.
• Ajeeth Kumar, Saravana Kumar, Yeshwanth , Hariprasad of IInd Year actively participated in Poster Presentation.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• M.Manigandan of Final Year has won second prize in the event of short film at curiosity 2013 in INSTRONIX – Asan Memorial College of Engineering and Technology.
• M.Manigandan of Final Year has participated in Fact and Furious , Pixel Play in PROTOCOL15e in Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering.
• The Madras Voluntary Blood Bureau issued the certification of Appreciation to K.RAJKUMAR of final year for his effort of creating awareness of “Volunatry Blood Donor”
• K.Rajkumar of final Year has secured 6/9 rank in Fourth TN State level Open Chess Tournament.
• Anna Unversity Zonal Atheletics Meet- 2014 held at Saveetha Engineering College 17 and 18 October 2014.
|M.Sindhu||EIE-I Year||1.High Jump
3. 4*400 mtrs relay
|Gayathri||EIE-I Year||1.Half Marathon
2.4*400 mts relay
3. 1500 mts
|S.Appun Raj||EIE – IV Year||Kabaddi||III Place|
|D.Rajkumar||EIE – III Year||Kabaddi||III Place|
|M.Karthick||EIE – III Year||Kabaddi||III Place|