The SEC Mechanical Engineering department is a strong and growing component of the Saveetha Engineering College, and has made major strides in development since its inception in 2003. We offer a full and diverse Undergraduate Curriculum as per Anna University in both lecture and well-equipped laboratory courses, and are heavily committed to the total education, scholarship, and success of all of its students, and service to other constituents.
All class room are equipped with SMART BOARD, which provides highly interactive learning sessions. These classes promote frequent, direct interaction between professors and students, greatly enhancing the learning process. Laboratory courses in several mechanical engineering areas provide intensive experience in experiment/data Design, measurement and analysis. Students receive design experience through hands on experience in our CAD/CAM lab.
The opportunities for additional growth, development, and service are exciting. The entire college is committed to excellence in Engineering education, and the broader development and welfare of its students. We are confident that prospective students will be delighted with the student-focused environment and total educational experience that we offer, and welcome inquiries, visits, and comments. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with your educational goals, with your research or consultant needs, or in any other way.
B.E Mechanical Engineering
MS / PhD - Research ( Full Time and Part Time)
Contact Mechanical HoD for Research Admission
The mechanical engineering department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to wee-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of engineering and research.
Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
Maintaining vital, state-of –the-art research facilities to provide its students and facility with opportunities to create interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
To develop linkages with world class R&D organizations and educational institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
1. Have high level of technical competency combined with research and problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions in mechanical engineering or related areas.
2. Be able to communicate effectively to various stakeholders and practice their profession with high regard to societal needs, diversity, constraints in the professional workplace and ethical responsibilities
3. Continuously updating themselves in areas and technologies that are relevant to their career, participate in personal development and increasing their understanding of matters that are current and important to society at national and international.
4. Solve complex technical problems and /or design systems that are useful to society by applying the fundamental scientific principles that underpin the mechanical engineering profession.
5. Graduates are able to undertake lifelong learning and adapt to the changing environment.
Graduates will demonstrate:
a. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
b. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
c. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs with in realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
d. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
e. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
f. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
g. An ability to communicate effectively,
h. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,
i. Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
j. An acknowledge of contemporary issues,
k. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.