ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Medical Electronics is an emerging branch of engineering, established in the year 2017 with intake of 60 students under the affiliation of Anna University. The Department has a team of well qualified experienced and dedicated faculty members with Industrial and Research background. The Department is fully equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories such as Instrumentation, DSP, Digital Image Processing and Medical Instrumentation.
A Medical Electronics Engineer can be called as the Doctor of the equipment’s. Medical Electronics engineers are the one who design devices and measures that solve medical and health-related problems by integrating Engineering with Health Sciences.
The Department of Medical Electronics offers a four year fulltime undergraduate degree in the Bachelor of Engineering, started in the year 2017 with an intake of 60 students. Our department aim is to provide quality education in the field of Medical Electronics. The department has qualified and technically competent young faculties with a good academic, industrial and research background. As a part of curriculum, industrial visits are arranged for B.E. students. Students can actively participate in the field of research by utilising facilities in recognized Research Centre which is present in our college.
⦁ Exclusive Hospital Training From Saveetha Medical College & Hospital
⦁ Realistic approach towards Assist devices
⦁ Diagnostic and Therapeutic Equipment Laboratory
⦁ Medical Expert System Laboratory
⦁ Bio Medical Instrumentation Laboratory
⦁ Instrumentation Laboratory
⦁ OOPS and Data Structures Laboratory
EMERGING SCOPE IN MEDICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Medical Electronics engineers develop devices and procedures that solve medical and health-related problems by combining their knowledge of biology and medicine with engineering principles and practices. Many do research, along with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists, to develop and evaluate systems and products such as artificial organs, prostheses (artificial devices that replace missing body parts), instrumentation, medical information systems, and health management and care delivery systems. Medical Electronics engineers also design devices used in various medical procedures, imaging systems such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and devices for automating insulin injections or controlling body functions.
Medical Electronics engineers develop devices and set procedures that solve medical as well as health-related problems by combining their knowledge of biology and medicine with engineering principles and practices.
• Medical Science, Medical Physiology, Medical Imaging
• Biomedical Instrumentation.
• Digital Medical Signal Processing, LASER and Fiber Optics
• Digital Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Speech Processing
• Artificial Organs, Bio MEMS,
• Rehabilitation Engineering
• Electronic Circuit Design, Logic Design, Communication systems
• Programming Skills in C++ and Data Structure, Microcontrollers, VHDL
• Software tools like MATLAB, LABVIEW etc.,
• The department also conducts a range of additional Short Term Courses, Workshops and Industry Visits to make the students industry ready.
Medical electronics engineers get knowledge in
• Proper handling of sensors and measurement devices for several vital organ activities.
• Familiarize various biological signals and imaging for diagnosis.
• Advanced processing techniques for biomedical signals and imaging.
• Realistic approach towards Assist Devices.
• Artificial Organs, Prostheses and Instrumentation
• Centralized Medical Information Systems and Health Management System.
• Telemedicine applications
• Automated medical equipment in therapy and surgical processes.
“Medical Electronics engineer can be called as the doctor of the equipments without which a doctor, a surgeon or a multi specialty hospital is helpless”
Some of the job profiles for medical electronics graduates are as Clinical Engineer, Biomaterials Engineer, Bioinstrumentation Engineer and Researcher.
TOP RECRUITERS IN INDIA
• Apollo Hospitals
• Wipro GE Biomedical
• Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
• Johnson & Johnson
• General Electric Co.
• Medtronic Inc.
• Siemens AG
• Baxter International Inc.
• Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA
• Koninklijke Philips NV
• Cardinal Health Inc.
• Novartis AG1
• Stryker Corp.
• Becton, Dickinson and Co
• Boston Scientific Corp.
• Essilor International SA
• Allergan Inc. etc.,
ABOUT THE COURSE
Medical Electronics is an expertised training with advance knowledge in Medicine and Engineering, through cross-disciplinary tasks that will integrate the engineering sciences with the biomedical science and even with clinical practices.
Medical Electronics Engineers will build devices and procedures that will help in solving medical and health-related problems by merging their knowledge of medicine and biology with engineering practices and principles. Most of them do research, along with life chemists, medical scientists, and scientists, to build and assess systems and products like prostheses, medical information systems, artificial organs, instrumentation, care delivery systems, and health management.
These engineers can also design devices that are used in different imaging systems, medical procedures like magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and devices for controlling body functions and automated insulin injections.